Friday, January 25, 2013

Craft of the Week #4

Part 4 of 7
Valentine's Monster Box


 
There is something so sweet and charming about children collecting sweet Valentine’s. And of course not any old box will do for storing these precious treasures.Using supplies from around your house you can create fun, cute and treasured “boxes” to hold those sweet love notes. Here are a few ideas to get you started.

Materials Needed
  • Egg Carton
  • Empty Tissue Box
  • Spray Paint
  • White Craft Foam
  • Craft Foam Hearts
  • Pom Poms
  • Googly Eyes
  • Pipe Cleaners
  • Hot Glue
  • Scissors
  • Pencil or Pen
  •  
Assemby Instructions
1. Spray paint your box.(you can also use duck tape to cover your box if you choose.)
2. Once box is dry add your foam hearts.  You can use already sticky hearts, you could paint your hearts on, or you can cut shapes/hearts out yourself and hot glue on.
3. Cut out 2 sections of egg carton and paint white if the carton is not already white. Foam cartons work well too.  Hot glue 2 eyes to the bottom circles of the carton cutout. (another option is cutting 3,4,5, as many as you like and have multipul monster eyes.
4. Hot Glue your egg carton eyes to the long portion of the box.  Make sure your box is positioned with the hole towards the front.  See pictures below.
5. Cut out teeth from white foam.  The kids can do this by cutting "V's" into the foam.  Make sure you cut length wise as to make sure you have enough teeth to cover the tissue box hole.
 

6. Hot glue the teeth to the inside of the box. The foam will be flexable so you don't have to open any other portion of the box. This part is tricky.
7. Curl your pipe cleaner around your pen or pencil.
8. Hot glue a pom pom to the top of the pipe cleaner.
9. Cut a small slit in the top of the box and put the pipe cleaners through. Add some hot glue to secure.
 
 
YOUR DONE! 
Now you have a Valentine’s Monster ready to eat those sweet love notes!
 
Valentine's Gifts
Part 1 - Scratch Card Valentine's
Part 2 - Kids Valentine Coupon Book
Part 3 - Star Wars and Heart Glow Valetine Cards
Part 4 - Monser Box Valentine Holder
Part 5 - DiY Candy Containers
Part 6 - Love Vouchers
 
 
This project was inspired by Giggles Galore


23 comments:

  1. Job well done on the monster house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for the children and their collection of valentines. I so remember those days of receiving them on Valentines Day in school. Thanks for the detailed instructions.
    Happy Pink Sat.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute! My daughter will totally get in to this project! Found you at JustUsFourBlog.com! xo - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you from the Strut Your Stuff link up. What a cute project to do with the kids and perfect for Valentine’s. I just started a new Saturday Spotlight Linky Party on my blog this week, and would love to have you stop by and share! http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-1/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your Pink Saturday post this week!
    Thanks so much for sharing.

    I'm hosting a PINK THEMED giveaway, and I would love it if you stopped by and entered your comment for a chance to win some handmade items.
    Hope to see you there!


    Ciao bella.
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and such a great idea.

    My PINK
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is worth a re-post on Cafe Mom - I'll link to you with credit, of course!~

    Popped in from Pink Saturday.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I would be honored.

      Delete
  8. Thank you all for such wonderful comments. Im new at this blogging thing so its nice to know that i think im doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted to your linky party and became follower. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  10. What a great way to recycle tissue boxes~ I love this idea!
    I came by from Inspire Me Fridays! Glad you shared there so I could drop by! Please hop over to my blog, too! :0)
    Happy Crafting!
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a follower. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  11. Cute idea...thanks for the tips!

    I'd love for you to link up with my Homemaking Link-Up Weekend, if you're interested!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inviting me. I am headed over now and will follow you too.

      Delete
  12. This is so so cute! I love projects that kids can handle, ending up in an item they can be proud of. This is one of them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea! I love it! I bet the kids love it....

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was in school we taped a paper sack to our desk to collect our valentine cards. This is much cuter! :) I came over from Sarah's link up. I will have to remember this project for when my kiddo is old enough for Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  15. too fun!!!
    You are featured this week @ Inspire Me Fridays, thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable! Thank you for sharing at Party In Polka Dots! You are going to be featured!

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.com

    ReplyDelete